Tuesday, July 19, 2011

An Open Letter to Summer







Dear Summer,



After months of enduring the cold and driving in that slick ice, i long for you. I prayed that you'll come sooner.


Yes, you came alright but with cruel intentions, i guess. I was very excited of your coming. I picture a warm sunny weather, that we can frolic in the sun without getting burned, but what have you got for me- you unleash a blistering heat for these past days making me sweat and perspire. The sweat trickles from my forehead down to my armpit which doesn't usually happen but it does. Whats up with that? If you can only see, i'm sure you'll laugh.Now, can you understand why i'm miserable?


You're supposed to be my favorite time of year, aside from Fall, but now you keep me thinking. The once verdant green grass in our yard and the neighborhood are withered because of you. I don't want to be confined in my room, always facing the airconditioner. You're only be here for three months, so ,I want to enjoy you. Me and the kids have lots of activites in mind, but if you keep pouring this intense heat, it will all be fruitless.


I hope it's not too much to ask, but,will you please be kind enough and let this mugginess go away? I'm sure lots of people will love you for that. A mild warm summer is all i ask.




yours,




sticky

No comments:

Post a Comment