Monday, August 8, 2011

Remembering My Father

He was a person besieged with addiction--alcohol and cigarettes. The substance that he put in his body on a daily basis killed him while still in his fifties. I used to think that it was very irresponsible for him to do that-- leaving his family to cope up without the head of the house.

But now i realized that addiction is something you can't fight without the help of a professional.It's a chronic disease that will eat a person slowly until it's too late for help. That's what killed my papa.

Despite his imperfections , i still love him and miss him everyday. I used to wonder what my life would be like if he's still alive. I know for a fact that he was a very possessive and protective father. I can attest to that. He and Ma would fight because of me being left alone in the house . I was the apple of his eyes. What can i say, being the youngest daughter, i have all the love and attention. I was spoiled rotten, not with money because we're poor, but with love.

If he's alive today, i'm sure he'll be happy to see how our lives have changed.Gone was the small bamboo house we used to live in-- it's been replaced by a nice concrete bungalow. it may not be at par with others but still it looks modest . Everybody got their own families, except cito who's always bound in the house.Life is not that hard anymore and we're so blessed with many wonderful things. I'm sure he's grinning from ear to ear while watching his grandkids from above and proud of our accomplishments.

Wherever you are papa, you are greatly missed and that you're never forgotten. Everytime father's day come, I think of you and wish you're able to see my kids. Jaden is more like you, he got your personality and charm.Sorry if i don't visit in your grave often, i live so many miles apart, but you're always in my prayer.

Love you,

nday







No comments:

Post a Comment